Golden Sounds of the Platters & Johnny Thompson Live in Hong Kong
Led by Eddie Stovall, the only living member who has performed with last of the original Platters members Tony Williams, Golden Sounds of the Platters is hailed as the foremost tribute band of the iconic American vocal group. The group does not only engage audiences with their smooth harmonies but also charm concert fans with their unique brand of showmanship. The nostalgic sounds will be joined by Thompson to relive the magical music era of the ‘50s and the ‘60s in one unforgettable show.
Johnny Thompson, winner of Elvis National Award in USA is considered as one of the best impersonators of late legend Elvis Presley. MTV USA and Las Vegas have named Thompson the number 1 tribute artist of the king of rock and roll having performed in Las Vegas for 15 years before going on tour all over the world.
This time in Hong Kong, they are continuing their romantic tradition with their spot-on renditions of classics such as “Only You,” “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes”, “The Great Pretender”, “Love Me Tender”, “Can’t Help Falling In Love”, “Twilight Time”, “Remember When”, “The Magic Touch” and “My Prayer”.
- 13 May 2017 (Sat) 8:00 PM
Seated: $880 / $680 / $480
Public sales starts from from 19 April 2017 at 10am at www.cityline.com,Telephone booking hotline at (852)2111-5333 and at Tom Lee, AsiaWorld-Expo, HMV Causeway Bay and MacPherson Box Office.
For your own safety and that of other audience:
- All professional cameras, video and voice recorders are not allowed inside AsiaWorld-Expo, Hall 10;
- Unauthorised photography, filming and recording is prohibited at AsiaWorld-Expo;
- For safety reason, selfie stick is prohibited in AsiaWorld-Expo;
- Bag search / security check will be conducted before entering AsiaWorld-Expo, Hall 10;
- Bags / articles of size over 12" X 15" or restricted items including stools / folded chairs are not allowed;
- Age limit: 3 or above;
- Smoking is prohibited at AsiaWorld-Expo;
- No outside food and beverage is allowed at AsiaWorld-Expo;
- No glass bottles are allowed inside AsiaWorld-Expo, Hall 10;
- To avoid causing disturbance to other visitors, stools and chairs are prohibited in AsiaWorld-Expo;
- Selling or distributing unauthorized merchandise or other items is strictly prohibited within AsiaWorld-Expo premises.