September Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair All booths sold out at the World’s Number One Fine Jewellery Event
The September Hong Kong Jewellery and Gem Fair has achieved yet another record-breaking feat: all booths in the Fair’s two world-class venues – the AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE) and the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition (HKCEC) – are sold out.
The world’s number one jewellery event features more than 3,300 exhibitors from 45 countries and regions in 130,000 square metres of exhibition space. The exhibitor number is another record in itself with around 100 exhibitors more than last year, making this edition the biggest in the Fair’s history. Fair organiser UBM Asia Ltd expects the Fair to attract around 45,000 buyers from 135 countries and regions.
Facts that reinforce the September Fair’s leading role in the world’s jewellery trade
- This year, the September Fair will expand from eight halls to nine halls at AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE). Together with the Fair at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), the September Fair will be the largest edition ever, serving the jewellery industry with over 130,000 square metres of exhibition space.
- France Pavilion will make its debut at the September Fair. In total, there will be 21 group pavilions representing companies from Antwerp, Brazil, China, Colombia, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, France, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United States, and the International Colored Gemstone Association (ICA).
- The Fair at AWE will again feature the world’s largest Diamond Pavilion, which houses more than 430 exhibitors. In addition to occupying Halls 5, 7, 9 & 11, the pavilion will occupy Hall 10, for a total exhibition space of 17,000 square metres. Groups from Antwerp, Israel, India and the United States will exhibit a wide range of high-quality diamonds in the pavilion. The Israel Diamond Institute (IDI) Pavilion will expand to Hall 10 and is the largest-ever IDI group assembled at any jewellery exhibition worldwide.
- Drawing more than 150 Thai exhibitors at AsiaWorld-Expo and over 200 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre, the Thailand Pavilion is once again the biggest overseas pavilion at the September Fair.
Essentials of the Best
- Fine Design Pavilion – A luxury destination for the world’s finest jewellery
This pavilion is located at the Grand Hall of HKCEC and features over 70 internationally renowned jewellery companies. To describe these exhibitors’ showcases as “exquisite” would be an understatement; displays include exquisite jewellery set with rare diamonds, luxurious gemstones and lustrous pearls, bejewelled watches, invaluable antique and estate jewellery, and other timepieces and exclusive one-offs. The Grand Hall’s luxurious elegance provides the perfect backdrop this elite group of jewellers command.
- Fine Gem Pavilion – A prestigious parade of top-quality gems
Located in Hall 9 of AWE, the pavilion has established itself as the ultimate destination for the world’s finest loose diamonds, gemstones and pearls since its launch in 2009. With more than 50 world-class exhibitiors, the pavilion’s distinct look makes the Fine Gem Pavilion a standout at AWE.
- Hong Kong Premier Pavilion – A prestigious display of Hong Kong’s best
The spectacular Hong Kong Premier Pavilion will showcase the top-notch craftsmanship and exceptional creativity of 30 Hong Kong avant-garde jewellers. The pavilion is the perfect stage that shows why Hong Kong’s jewellery industry is at the top of its game.
- International Premier Pavilion – A stylish showcase for the world’s cutting-edge designs
This pavilion features a stellar lineup of over 50 prominent jewellery companies from around the world. The distinguished image and concept of this pavilion bring you the latest trends in luxury jewellery from around the world, under one elegant roof.
Themed Halls housed in two world-class venues:
AsiaWorld-Expo 19 – 23 / 9 / 2011
Fine Gem Pavilion Hall 9
Diamonds Halls 5, 7, 9, 10 & 11
Gemstones Halls 3, 6, 8 & 10
Pearls Hall 1
Packaging,Tools & Equipment Hall 11
Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre 21 – 25 / 9 / 2011
Hong Kong Pavilion Halls 1A-1C, 3C-3E
Hong Kong Premier Pavilion Halls 1D & 1E
International Premier Pavilion Halls 3B & 3C
Fine Design Pavilion Grand Hall
Designer Avenue Mezzanine 2
Jadeite Gallery Hall 1 concourse
International Fine Jewellery, Antique & Vintage Jewellery Halls 3F & 3G
Asian Fine Jewellery Halls 5F & 5G
Silver Jewellery Halls 5B, 5C, 5E & Mezzanine 4
Jewellery Accessories Hall 5D
Pearl Jewellery & Finished Jewellery Hall 5E
Exciting special events
To celebrate the grand opening of the Fair at AWE and HKCEC, two fair receptions will be held:
1) AWE welcome reception - Organised by UBM Asia and co-organised by the Israel Diamond Institute (IDI), the Fair Reception will be held on 19 September at the ARENA KITCHEN at AWE.
2) HKCEC welcome reception - Another reception will be held on 21 September at the Grand Foyer of HKCEC.
Hong Kong Premier Pavilion (HKPP) – Jewellery Parade
A series of jewellery parades will be staged within the HKPP from 21 to 24 September, where beautiful models will wear the equally beautiful and stunning jewellery designs from HKPP exhibitors.
Two world-renowned pearl auctions, the 53rd Robert Wan Tahiti Perles Auction and the 47th Paspaley South Sea Pearl Auction, will be held from 17 to 18 September and from 24 to 26 September, respectively, in HKCEC. Admission is by invitation only.
Plan for your yearly event calendar
The June and September editions of the Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fairs are prominent fixtures in the global jewellery trade’s events calendar. To help our exhibitors better plan their trade fair attendance, the fair organiser is announcing these preliminary show dates for the next five years:
AsiaWorld-Expo has emerged as one of the world’s leading EXPOtainment venues, offering over 70,000 square metres of rentable space that is comprised of 10 state-of-the-art, ground-level and column-free exhibition halls including the Arena – the biggest indoor seated venue in Hong Kong with a maximum capacity of 14,000. Strategically located at the heart of a multi-modal transportation hub and adjacent to the Hong Kong International Airport and Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge. AsiaWorld-Expo, with a convenient and in-venue MTR station, enjoys efficient transport connection to Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and other global regions.
With a proven track record of successes, AsiaWorld-Expo has received a number of accolades, namely the “Best International Venue” at the coveted Exhibition News (EN) Awards organised by Mash Media, a leading UK media for MICE in partnership with UFI, and the “Outstanding Venue Award” presented by The Asian Federation of Exhibition and Convention Associations (AFECA). For 8 consecutive years, AsiaWorld-Expo has been named as the “Best Convention & Exhibition Centre in Asia Pacific” by the prestigious CEI Asia magazine.
The AsiaWorld-Expo Management Limited is a subsidiary of Airport Authority Hong Kong.