21 Nov 2022
AWE also won the Best Convention Centre - North Asia for the second time in the M&C Asia Stella Awards 2022, adding to its previous achievement in 2019. Open to public voting by professional meeting planners and industry fellows, the M&C Asia Stella Awards 2022 recognises excellence in the meetings industry, awarding businesses that demonstrated outstanding MICE initiatives and efforts to drive the industry's recovery.
"In recent years, AWE completed its HKD600 million facility upgrade, with enhanced conferencing facilities to be launched in coming months," stated Ms. Irene Chan, CEO of AsiaWorld-Expo. “Winning these two honours, and being the first in Asia to earn the title for 'Best Venue' at the C&IT Awards, validates our commitment to continual improvement. It is a recognition of our team's accomplishment in overcoming challenges and capturing opportunities. We are also looking forward to the development of SKYCITY, which will bring more exciting prospects to AWE and the sector."
Many conferences were postponed or cancelled due to Covid-19, and some exhibitions relocated to other cities, posing a threat to Hong Kong's future standing as a top MICE destination. AWE is ready to greet exhibitors and visitors from overseas once again, helping to decisively enable the industry’s resumption back to full scale.
Ms. Chan adds, "AWE completed further upgrades of its facilities and hosted diversified events in the run-up to the full reopening post-Covid. Over just four weeks during August to September, AWE served over 100,000 visitors attending events, trade fairs, seminars, exhibitions and concerts. With the new subsidy scheme and relaxation of inbound travel limitations, the city is welcoming international delegates and eventgoers once again, so we are very optimistic in the outlook of the MICE sector.
In 2022, AWE received numerous recognitions for its Facility Upgrades, Covid Recovery Planning and Post-Covid Marketing, Customer Services, Innovation, and Sustainability (please refer to Appendix 1).
To celebrate AWE’s awards achievements, the exclusive campaign “Capture the Best Venue Instantly, AWEsome Champagne is Yours!” will be hosted to share joy with citizens. On November 27, 2022, visitors can take photos at the EXPOtainment CUBE in the East Lobby of AWE, upload the photo to social media platforms (Facebook or Instagram) and tag with a designated Hashtag. AWE staff will take photos of visitors with an instant camera, commemorating the moment of excitement. The instant photos will then be hand-posted onto the event board. The first 100 visitors will win a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne. All photos will be assembled into the word "AWESOME", recognising the remarkable achievements of AsiaWorld-Expo in 2022 together.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The activity is exclusive for AsiaWorld-Club members only. Free on-site registration is accepted.
2. Photo posting time is subject to Facebook or Instagram server.
3. AsiaWorld-Club member can participate in the activity once only. (No more than one prize can be received by each member)
4. Prize will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. All prize cannot be changed or exchanged for cash, and are non-replaceable, non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-resalable and non-returnable. Prize will be forfeited without prior notice or obligation in case of breach of any of terms herein.
6. Once the prize is issued, no further prize claims shall be made even if the prize is lost or damaged.
7. In the interest of fairness, the employees of AWEM and their family members are not eligible to participate.
Hi-res photos can be downloaded via this link