AsiaWorld-Expo Management Limited (“we”, “our” or “us”) respects your legal rights of privacy and is committed to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
If you do not want us to collect your personal data as listed below, you should not use:
- our website (“Website”); or
- AsiaWorld-Expo mobile application (“the App”); or
- AsiaWorld-Club Membership Platform (“Membership Platform”).
and should uninstall the App from your mobile device, and / or discontinue using our Website and / or Membership Platform.
When you give us your personal data whether for the purposes of making an enquiry, giving feedback, placing service requests, joining the AsiaWorld-Club or participating in the activities organised by us, or any other services or activities relating to AsiaWorld-Expo (“AWE”), or using the App and / or the Membership Platform, we may collect your personal data (including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, postal address, contact phone number, fax number, internet protocol address, browser type, domain name and access time etc.) from you.
The purposes for which we may use the data include:
- replying to your enquiries or feedback;
- placing and processing your product and/or service requests;
- improve our products and services;
- processing, managing and administering your membership of the AsiaWorld-Club;
- processing your participation in AWE activities and other activities organised by us (including but not limited to contests, games, lucky draws, promotions, surveys and/or events);
- marketing products, services, activities, facilities and other subjects;
- tailoring your experience at our Website or the App or the Membership Platform, showing content of interest, displaying the content according to your preferences and demographic information;
- diagnosing problems with our server and administering our Website by use of your internet protocol address;
- conducting statistical research and analysis;
- investigating and handling complaints or as required by law; and
- verification of your identity.
We also intend to use your personal data (with your consent) for conducting marketing and promotional activities in connection with:
- your AsiaWorld-Club membership; and
- services and activities, being exhibitions, conventions, events, concerts and facilities management at AWE.
Should you join the activities offered by us in AWE, as a participant you may be photographed by our staff or other participants of such activities or guests within AWE. It is therefore a condition that each participant of such activities unconditionally agrees to be photographed by our staff or other participants or guests during the course of the activities. Participation in the relevant activities constitutes the acceptance of this condition.
When we collect personal data from you, we will inform you of the purpose for which they are collected and such personal data collected will only be used for the purpose for which they were collected; and we will give you the opportunity to opt out, i.e. to either restrict the uses we will make of such personal data or to require us to cease our use of such personal data.
We may use third-party companies to supply products and provide services in relation to any of the purposes stated above on our behalf. Such companies may be supplied with or have access to your personal information solely for the purpose of supplying products and providing services on our behalf. For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not provide your personal data to third-party companies for use in any direct marketing that is not on our behalf, without your consent to do so.
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your personal data to third party service or product providers within or outside Hong Kong, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Accuracy of Personal Data
We have certain procedures in place to maintain personal data at a reasonable level of accuracy, completeness and relevancy for the purpose of which the personal data is to be used.
Retention of Personal Data
Our policy is to retain personal data for no longer than is required to fulfil the purpose (or any directly related purpose) for which the data is to be used; subject to legal, statutory and regulatory requirements mandating the retention of data.
All personal data collected from you by us will be treated as confidential and stored in servers with restricted access. We will maintain safeguards to protect security of the servers and data stored therein. The security of your personal information also depends on the protection by you of your login password. Please do not disclose your login password to anyone. We may access, preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law.
Direct Marketing Activities
If you prefer for your personal data not to be used for the purposes of direct marketing activities, you can opt-out from such activities at any time and without charge by sending an email, along with your name, and log-in ID (email address or mobile number, applicable to AsiaWorld-Club members), to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us that you do not wish your personal data to be used for such purposes. We shall then update our records accordingly and cease the use of your personal data for direct marketing activities.
Personal Data Collected Through this Website
We may collect personal data through your use of our Website or the App or the Membership Platform, such as name, gender, age, telephone number, email address, place of residence, and year of birth and month. You are not required by law to provide such personal data. However, we may not be able to provide you with the services, facilities and goods you may require unless you provide the personal data sought from you.
The enquiry, feedback, service requests or other information submitted by you via our website will be retained in a database for statistical purposes.
When you browse our website, cookies will be stored in your device’s hard drive to collect other non-personal information, including:
- User’s browser Language;
- New/Returning User;
- Network Service Provider;
- User Location;
- Time of access;
- Time stayed on the page;
- Page(s) of access;
- Click through;
- Type of device used; and
- Type of browser used.
When you use the App, script data stored in your device may be collected, including:
- Unique Device Identifiers;
- Location information;
- Log information (including but not limited to internet protocol addresses, port numbers, device model and make information, Network Service Provider, clickstream data, battery and memory allocation, boot time, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps;
- Transaction related information (for example, records when respond and redeem coupons via the App); and
- Information submitted through the Application and records on the use of the App.
We may request permission to access your camera on your mobile device when you use the App. We will not otherwise access or collect any data stored on your photo album.
Enquires, Access and Correction
AsiaWorld-Expo Management Limited
Hong Kong International Airport
Fax: (852) 3606 8889
All disputes shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.